Creswick is a historic former gold-mining town, located between Ballarat and Daylesford.
The town is surrounded by thick pine and eucalyptus plantations, many of which were first established when the Victorian School of Forestry opened in 1910.
A number of historic buildings which serve as a reminder of the town's gold mining history line the streets of Creswick. There is the post office (built in 1862), former town hall (1876), former Bank of NSW (1861) and several other public buildings and churches. At the corner of Albert Street and Raglan Street is a band rotunda which dates back to 1897.
Creswick offers a number of natural attractions and outdoor activities for visitors, set within an attractive forested area. Enjoy bushwalking and scenic drives through the extensive Creswick Regional Park. Visit Calambeen Park which was the town's Chinese camp in the goldmining days and now features lakes which are suitable for fishing or swimming.
Park Lake Botanical Reserve, located on the Midland Highway, is a 15 hectare park which was established in 1860 and features a lake, rotunda, established trees and recreational facilities.
There is a lot to do in Creswick, click here to see Creswick Tourism website. We have also listed a few of our favories below.
A much-loved monthly event, with the true relaxed feel of a regional market.
The Creswick market features:
A must see for all residents and visitors of the Goldfield region.
Located at Creswick Neighbourhood Centre on Victoria Street, the Creswick Market is held on the third Saturday of every month, 9:00am - 1:00pm.
Established in 1947 is the last remaining coloured spinning mill of its kind in Australia, still owned and run by the founders family.
Still in operation today they produce beautiful natural fibre products such as woollen blankets, throws and accessories.
The Creswick Woolen Mill is open 7 days a week and operates a self-guided tour and shop.
Housed in the former Municipal Offices of the Shire of Creswick, situated in the Town Hall complex.
The Town Hall was built in 1876, a magnificent two storey National Trust classified building, with a tower and clock.
It was opened to the public on November 20th 1970 by Sir Daryl Lindsay. The interior of the building is notable for the magnificent classic winding staircase of local Basalt.
Open weekends and public holidays, 11am - 3.30pm.